Saturday, August 17, 2013

Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers

Hi all,

I recently learned about this thing called Quinoa. Apparently it's really good for you so I thought I'd give it a try. I looked up a bunch of Quinoa related recipes on Pinterest. I decided to make this one first:

http://www.thymeoftaste.com/2013/01/23/quinoa-stuffed-bell-peppers/


I tried to make the quinoa in the rice cooker according to its instructions but it soaked up all the water real fast. I added more water then decided to throw in more quinoa. I'm glad I did because I ended up having the perfect amount of mixture for my 4 bell peppers.

In hindsight, I'd add more cheese, perhaps putting it in the bottom of the pepper before adding the quinoa mixture. It tasted pretty good especially with the added avocado.

I'd recommend the recipe. Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment